Home Forums Software Development Calibration Tool unable to load initial configuration

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joost
    Participant

I am trying to run the calibration tool from within my Unity VR application. After some troubleshooting I found that Unity invokes the Calibration Tool using the command Context.LaunchConfigurationTool(ConfigurationTool.GuestCalibration, CompletionHandler) which returns with no errors. But the calibration does not start.

In a Tobii log (ConfigurationLog-2019-12-05.txt) I found the message
    CalibrationFlow: Failed to start calibration as no valid initial configuration could be accessed from Interaction Engine

So my feeling is that he Unity part works ok, the calibration tool is started but that there is this initial configuration missing somewhere.

I hope someone can tell me how to setup this initial configuration.

Thanks.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi Joost, and thanks for your query. There is for the time being no tools or support for calibrating directly within the Tobii XR SDK unity engine, although this option does exist for the Desktop SDK for Unity (with the purchase of a special licence to do so).

For users of the Tobii XR SDK, headset vendors provide a built-in way to calibrate which can be launched from the SteamVR dashboard in the case of the Vive Pro Eye. For Devkit users, one can download the Legacy version of the Mirrors Demo and run the setup part in order to calibrate.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.