Home Forums Unity SDK Calibration Validation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

While browsing the documentation, I saw the possibility to analyze calibration data in .NET, Python, Matlab/Octave and C. Having the opportunity to work with the calibration results sounds great for both data validation and its illustration in calibration plots!
    This feature would be incredibly helpful to have in Unity as well. How would I go about adding similar functionality to Unity projects? It looks like I can only retrieve the calibration data in a proprietary format, but I might be mistaken.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @treep, the ability to analyse calibration results is only available in conjunction with the Tobii Pro SDK which whilst free to use for the Tobii Pro rage of Eye Trackers, requires the purchase of a special licence in order for it to operate with Tobii Tech range of Trackers, such as the 4C and EyeX.

Certainly, no such ability is exposed within the Unity Engine.

If you could kindly describe in more detailed your hardware and project intentions, we should be able to point you in the right direction for your needs.

Peter
    Participant

Hey @Grant, appreciate the rapid reply very much! Currently I am using Tobii 4Cs with a Professional license. What I intend to do is compare precision and accuracy of the gaze data before and after a session so that I can make an informed decision as to wether to trust logged data. From how I understand the Tobii Pro SDK documentation regarding calibration, the relevant data does get exposed. How would you recommend integrating that functionality into a Unity application?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @treep, okay thanks for the additional information. As far as we are aware, the proposal to merge the Tobii Pro SDK and Unity SDK is a new one and we certainly do not have any official guide to do so.

However, Unity does offer the possibility to combine DLL’s from other SDK (such as the Tobii Pro SDK) which should hopefully be enough to get started. They posted a guide to do this online @ https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UsingDLL.html

In any event, I am afraid we cannot offer much more advice beyond this as nobody has yet attempted this combination and so we cannot guarantee proper functionality.
    As you already have the Pro Licence however, I would encourage you to try and please let us know how you get on!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.