Home Forums Software Development Can I change the calibration dynamicly?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chao Chen
    Participant

Hi!

I am developing a browser-based application with an online service. The eye-tracking data would be used to trigger the interactive effect on webpages. I have already made a small prototype, using my own calibration data. But I hope this application can be used by different users, which means that I need to save the corresponding user’s calibration data somewhere(database maybe), and apply them when necessary.

Is it possible to
    1. start a calibration process automatically, without any operation of user(a new user for example);
    2. save the calibration data, associate it with a certain user;
    3. apply the previous saved calibration data according to current user.

I am not sure if it has to be done with tobii_config api, which requires a commercial license. This application has no analytical purposes, so I hope I could do these without a license.

Thanks if anyone could help.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @chench53 and thanks for your query. If would be useful if you could kindly detail exactly which Tobii hardware and SDK you are currently using that we may best answer your question.

If you are using the Tobii Core SDK, Stream Engine API or Unity SDK then all calibration data is handled directly by the installed Tobii Software and cannot be manipulated directly in the various SDK’s.

You will have greater flexibility in this regard with the Tobii Pro SDK but this requires either a Tobii Pro tracker or the purchase of a special analytical licence to use in conjunction with the consumer level of eye tracker such as the 4C.

With additional information, hopefully we can try to find a solution for your needs. Best Wishes.

Chao Chen
    Participant

Thanks for the response!

I am using 4C and Stream Engine api. I checked this thread

[Solved] Calibration integration

I found that I can use command line
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Tobii\Tobii EyeX Config\Tobii.EyeX.Configuration.exe -N
    to create a new profile and start a calibration process(and other arguments for other commands). I wonder if it is possible to switch between different profiles just using command line? If I don’t require the calibration data directly.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @chench53, well spotted! Yes, there is this workaround to call as a windows command a calibration for a new profile but the profile management is unfortunately not something that is exposed in either the Stream Engine API nor Core SDK.

Profile handling is to be dealt with via the Tobii Core Software as found in the system tray icon.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.