Home Forums Software Development Can I turn off the red lights of the eye tracker 4C?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jianhong
    Participant

Hi,

We are using eye tracker 4C for special groups’s education monitor,and want to get the gaze data, but the red lights will occupy the users’ attention, and make the gaze data always focusing on the red lights, not our expected data. So, I want to ask whether could we turn of the red lights? If yes, how to turn off them? I think the red lights are just the status lights, not the actual illumination light sources.Thanks for your support.

Jianhong
    Participant

Additionally,I mean to filter the visible red lights, and make the lights invisible..thanks.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @chengjh1 and thanks for your query. Unfortunately, the light settings are not adjustable on the 4C and are a necessary component for correct eye tracking so any attempt to physically cover them may reduce accuracy and trackability considerably.

Our apologies for the inconvenience, it may be worth further illuminating the study room to reduce the contrast between the illuminators and the stimulus.

Please kindly let us know if we can provide any further information to help you setup your project.

Jianhong
    Participant

Thanks for your quick response.Any plan to improve it and filter the red light and make it invisible? That will be exciting.

Jianhong
    Participant

Could I know about the wavelength of the visible red light?Thanks..

Jianhong
    Participant

Could you please help to confirm whether our 4C only works for the 850nm light?,and all other wavelengths’ lights filtered, our 4C will still work well.Thanks.

sam jonas
    Participant

No, you can’t as the moderator said it is not possible

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @chengjh1, we are indeed constantly working on improving our products and with upcoming eye trackers we are reducing considerably any visible light for users however the hardware for the 4C is fixed so I am afraid we are quite limited in the ability to reduce this effect.

The 4C does indeed operate on infrared light but the illuminators are such that some light does enter into the red part of the spectrum.

Apologies for the inconvenience, we hope this will not unduly effect your study.

Jianhong
    Participant

Hi Grant, I appreciate your explanation. 4C has been pretty good, let’s expect its better upgrades..Thanks again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.