Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Cannot connect to eye tracker

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike Kasprzak
    Participant

By request, here’s a new topic. (Old topic)

After installing a newer USB 3.0 chipset driver, and rebooting (important), I am no longer told the device is plugged in to a USB 2.0 port when it’s actually plugged in to a USB 3.0 port. My USB 3.0 chipset is an ASMedia 104x on an Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 motherboard (AMD CPU).

Now, when I unplug and re-plug in the EyeX, it pops up a dialog telling me its updating the firmware (every single time I re-plug it in). This takes a minute or so before the dialog disappears. I do wish it reported some sort of progress, ’cause I have no idea if this installing of firmware even works (it just spins and goes away).

So once I think it’s done, when I bring up the EyeX settings, it never finds the attached EyeX device.

Windows 7 64bit.

One suggestion in the old thread was to remove the wireless USB keyboard/mouse dongle. This had no effect for me, but my dongle is Logitech and his was Microsoft.

I went ahead and unplugged all devices, except the keyboard, rebooted, but still no dice.

Hi Mike,
    I have been following your query already, and it’s very unfortunate that you cannot get your device up and running.
    However, the ASMedia controller just doesn’t seem to be a very stable one and is not working with the Tobii EyeX Controller. My recommendation is that you buy an additional which has been tested by us: http://developer.tobii.com/support/

You can also contact our support directly via the link above and go through further details.

Cheers,
    Konstantin

Techwolf
    Participant

I have the same issue, though I only saw the firmware update popup the first time I plugged it into each port (once each for both USB3 ports). My motherboard is also the Asus M5A99X EVO (R1.0, not R2.0, though there are very few differences) and I believe it uses the same USB3 controller and drivers as the R2.0 version. I’m using Windows 7 x64 as well, with the 0.8.16.811-alpha drivers.

The EyeX device is the currently only thing plugged into the USB3 ports, but when I tested them with a flash drive the drive was recognized at the proper speed. I used a tool called USB Tree View to troubleshoot, and it showed that the EyeX controller was also running at the proper speed, despite it not being detected by the software. Is there a way to force the software to accept USB2 temporarily since the device is running at the proper speed from an outside perspective?

Here’s some basic diagnostic information from USB Tree View, though there’s a lot more available if you need it:

+++++++++++++++++ Device Information ++++++++++++++++++
    Device Description       : Tobii EyeX Controller
    Device ID                : USB\VID_2104&PID_0010\EYEXC-030104514672
    Driver KeyName           : {78a1c341-4539-11d3-b88d-00c04fad5171}000
    Driver                   : C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\WinUsb.sys (Version: 6.1.7601.17514  Date: 2013-08-11)
    Driver Inf               : C:\Windows\INF\oem153.inf
    Legacy BusType           : PNPBus
    Class                    : libusb (WinUSB) devices
    Service                  : WinUSB
    Enumerator               : USB
    Location Info            : Port_#0001.Hub_#0002
    Location IDs             : PCIROOT(0)#PCI(0700)#PCI(0000)#PCI(0000)#PCI(0000)
    Container ID             : {7e282cb0-cc3a-5016-85dd-fa082b6bb100}
    Manufacturer Info        : Tobii Technolgy AB
    Capabilities             : Removable, UniqueID
    Address                  : 1
    Problem Code             : 0
    Power State              : D0 (supported: D0, D2, D3)

---------------- Connection Information ---------------
    Connection Index         : 0x01
    Connection Status        : 0x01 (DeviceConnected)
    Current Config Value     : 0x01
    Device Address           : 0x01
    Is Hub                   : 0x00 (no)
    Number Of Open Pipes     : 0x03 (3)
    Device Bus Speed         : 0x03 (SuperSpeed)
    Pipe0ScheduleOffset      : 0x00 (0)
    Pipe1ScheduleOffset      : 0x00 (0)
    Pipe2ScheduleOffset      : 0x00 (0)

<snip a bunch of stuff>

----- SuperSpeed USB Device Capability Descriptor -----
    bLength                  : 0x0A (10 bytes)
    bDescriptorType          : 0x10
    bDevCapabilityType       : 0x03
    bmAttributes             : 0x00
    wSpeedsSupported         : 0x0E (Full-Speed, High-Speed, SuperSpeed)
    bFunctionalitySupport    : 0x03 (lowest speed is 'SuperSpeed')
    bU1DevExitLat            : 0x00   (0 µs)
    wU2DevExitLat            : 0x0000 (0 µs)

Let me know if you need anything else to help troubleshoot the issue, I’d like to get it working on my current hardware if possible.

(Unrelatedly, I noticed that there’s still some XBox controller stuff in the comments of your driver INF file while troubleshooting this that you may want to remove before the final release, but that’s a separate non-issue.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.