Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Cant not create user profile

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nazca
    Participant

the EyeX Controller is collected to USB 3.0, but that program doesn’t create user profile. “Tobii eyeX Settings Application Unhandled execption: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.” it says. I don’t know how to fix it.

Thomas Söderlund
    Participant

I have this very same problem. I’m on Windows 7, EyeX controller connected to a USB 3.0 port. The screen goes black and three red lights in the controller turns on, but then the above mentioned error message pops up.
    I’ve tried different ports, updating drivers, etc. No luck unfortunately…

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry to hear about this problem. The EyeX software team have not been able to reproduce the error in-house, but have a qualified guess on what the cause might be. Before we push this bug fix via auto update, can you please verify that it works for you by downloading EyeX 0.8.15.767 and updating to this release (make sure that you have closed the EyeX Settings Panel before updating)

Thank you for helping us to find (and fix) this bug!

Thomas Söderlund
    Participant

The version you linked worked much better, thank you! (I had to do a clean install, removing everything before installing the new version)
    Now I have a different problem 🙂 (EyeX shutting off randomly, and then turning on again), but I’ll move that into a new/separate thread.

Andreas Simon
    Participant

On Win7 and updated USB 3 (Lenovo X220) first I got: “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”
    After updating to 0.8.15.767 (per above) I get:
    “Tobii EyeX Server crashed with the following exception: Cannot set Visibility or call Show, ShowDialog, or WindowInteropHelper.EnsureHandle after a Window has closed.”
    (this is like #844) followed by:
    “Tobii EyeX Server crashed with the following exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

Nazca
    Participant

it works, thank you~

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.