Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Connect Tobii Eye Tracker 4C on W10 Home x64 with ARM processor

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jorge Turrado
    Participant

Hi,
    I am trying to connect an Eye Tracker 4C in a tablet with Windows 10 ARM x64. I have problems during the Tobii Core Software. The installation process fails always in 83%.
    I know that the specifications say that i5 or i7 is necessary but this is for a system to ALS patient not for gaming, so is necessary to use a tablet instead a computer and to find a tablet with AMD64 processor is very difficult…
    The only thing that I need is that the system recognizes the device in order to use as a control. Is there any way to use in this situation? Maybe it is possible using x86 emulation? Do you have any guide that I can try to connect the device in this situation? As I said, I don’t need full feature system because I won’t use this for gaming, I will use just for a simple eye tracking to manage a computer.
    Maybe Tobii Core is not the software that I have to use?

Hongbin Zou
    Participant

@jorturfer actually it’s very easy to find tablets with intel cpu. have you tried surface pro or surface book? there are lots of cheap tablets with intel atom models. also 4c works totally fine on 32bit systems. so this is not the real problem.

Jorge Turrado
    Participant

Lol,
    I had realy problems to find some tablet without ARM and with Windows 10 but surface pro is a very nice opcion. The actual tablet is a surface pro X but that has ARM processor.
    Thanks for the advise, I will change my tablet for another surface with AMD. 🙂

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @jorturfer, thanks for getting in touch. I can confirm that the Tobii Core Software will not work with ARM processors unfortunately so our official recommendation to use Intel Chipset remains for your scenario. We hope you can find the correct hardware for your needs and apologies for any inconvenience caused. Best wishes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.