Home Forums Software Development Does calibration in StreamEngine require a license?

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    TW
    Participant

Hello!

I would like to start a calibration from code.

To do that, I wanted to use the StreamEngine.

In this section (https://tobii.github.io/stream_engine/#tobii_configh) the manual says:
    ————-
    “The tobii_config.h header file contains functionality to configure the tracker, such as calibration and display area setup. Note that using the configuration APIs incorrectly may cause some tracker functionality to work incorrectly. Please refer to the calibration sample for recommendations on how to implement a correct calibration.

All functions in the configuration API which modify state (i.e. everything except get- and enumerate- functions) require a license on at least config level, and a device created through tobii_device_create_ex.”
    ————-
    Does this mean that, to start a calibration, I need to create the device using “tobii_device_create_ex”, and I also need a license?

If I do need a license, whom do I contact for that?

TW
    Participant

Please remove, I found the answer in the License Agreement.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @tw2018, no worries! As you have read in the licence agreement, indeed a custom calibration setup does require the purchase of a special licence to do so.

Hopefully this should not pose a problem for your project. Please do let us know if we can provide you more specific information. Best Wishes.

fred
    Participant

Hi there,

and what if I don’t need a “custom” calibration ? Without any specific licence, using StreamEngine (x64 4.1.0.3 in C# VS2022), is it possible to :

1) get the date of the last calibration ?
    2) launch the standard calibration process (the one within the Tobii Experience) from code ?

–Fred

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @fmaillet, the SEC does not directly provide the last date of calibration but you can query the file change date for the persisted user calibration file @
    C:\ProgramData\Tobii\Tobii Platform Runtime\\*.setpm

With regard to calibration launch, the Tobii Configuration supports the following configuration flows (started by running application Tobii.Configuration.exe with command-line argument given within parenthesis):

Resolve Configuration (-R)
    Checks the configuration status of the eye tracker and launches the correct flow based on the current status:
    - If we have no valid display setup it will launch the display setup and then continue with Create New Profile flow.
    - If it is a built in tracker or if display area is already set it will launch Create New Profile directly.
    -If we already have a calibration profile but no valid calibration data for this monitor it will launch a re-calibration of current profile. 
    -If configuration status is valid and all configuration is already setup, it will simply close without showing any GUI. 

Create new calibration profile  ( -N)
    9 point calibration for a new profile including eye positioning view. Clears current calibration on tracker and sets new calibration. The resulting calibration and profile data is sent to Interaction Engine to persist.
    Prerequisites: User must have a connected eye tracker and a valid display setup. The flow reads eye tracker url and tracked monitor from Interaction Engine at startup, if not valid the flow will exit.

Recalibrate current calibration profile. (-C)
    9 point re-calibration of current profile including eye positioning view. Adds points to the current calibration for current profile until the maximum limit of calibration points is reached,
    then it will clear oldest points and replace with the new.
    Prerequisites: User must have a connected eye tracker and a valid display setup. The flow reads eye tracker url and tracked monitor from Interaction Engine at startup, if not valid the flow will exit.

Guest calibration. (-G)
    4 point calibration of profile named "Guest" including eye positioning view. Previous calibration for guest profile is cleared.

Quick calibration (-Q)
    4 point calibration. Does not include the eye positioning view. This is to be used for games or demo applications that don't require good precision in eye tracking. Previous calibration for current profile is cleared.

Display setup  (-S)
    Determines the tracked monitor and the size of it and sends data to Interaction Engine which will calculate, set and persist the display area. For peripheral trackers the user will be asked which monitor the peripheral tracker is attached to and and then to adjust two lines to the lines on the tracker (or outside of tracker). Based on this input it calculates the monitor size.  
    Prerequisites: User must have connected a peripheral eye tracker. The flow reads eye tracker url and mounting type from Interaction Engine at startup, if not valid the flow will exit.

Eye Position (-E)
    The eye positioning view (this is also part of the calibration flows above). Reads eye tracker url and tracked monitor from Interaction Engine at startup, if not valid the flow will exit.

fred
    Participant

yep, exactly what I needed, simple and everything works fine when calling from c#, good job Grant 😉 thx

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Great! Glad I could help 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.