Home Forums Software Development Error in Compiling Sample Script

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Wang
    Participant

Hi @grant-rogers,

I have tried to compile the sample scripts in the “sample” folder that came with the Tobii Stream Engine, and I am unable to run the sample scripts successfully, even though I have added the tobii_stream_engine.dll and tobii_stream_engine.lib paths to the system Path.

I got these error messages instead:

C:\Users\new_w\AppData\Local\Temp\ccNYYknL.o:game_loop_sample_windows.c:(.text+0x8ed): undefined reference to `__imp_tobii_api_destroy’
    C:\Users\new_w\AppData\Local\Temp\ccNYYknL.o:game_loop_sample_windows.c:(.text+0xc5d): undefined reference to `__imp_tobii_device_process_callbacks’
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I did not modify the original code in any way, and left it as it is when I first downloaded the stream engine api.

I am sorry to trouble you over these issues, but I am not familiar with the C language and how it works, so I am at a lost as to what is the root of the problem.

I would appreciate your prompt advice with regards to this issue.

Regards,

@thomaswang

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @thomaswang, thanks for your query. Firstly, it is worth mentioning that the Stream Engine API is designed for advanced level use and experienced developers so if you are looking for a simple solution to extract eye tracking data for interaction purposes then it may be more beneficial for you to check out the interaction library API which you can download @ https://developer.tobii.com/consumer-eye-trackers-interaction-library/

Unless you have a specific need to use the Stream Engine, please try this alternative and let us know how you get on. Best Wishes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.