Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Eye Tracker not working after Windows 1903 Update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jackson Lee
    Participant

Hi,

I have an Alienware 17 R4, after the latest update the tracker turns off after login, Windows Hello works perfectly. I have updated the software to the latest version, i have tried different versions and even tried a clean install. i have updated all drivers including flashing the BIOS. The service is running normally but the software can’t find the tracker.

I would prefer not to roll the update back if possible.

Jackson

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @jaxnz, sorry to hear about your issues. Could you kindly clarify which update you are referring to? The Tobii SW Core or Windows Update?
    Please also include in your reply the full system specifications which you can obtain from the Tobii System Tray Icon.

It may also be worth trying to fully uninstall and reinstall the Tobii Software as this sometimes has successfully resolve such issues in the past.

In the meantime, we will investigate any other R4 users have reported similar issues. Thanks for your patience whilst we try to find a speedy resolution.

Jackson Lee
    Participant

Hi Grant,

I have resolved the issue by re-installing windows.

I thought the issue was with the Windows update 1903, but I restored the previous version and didn’t fix the issue. I even ran a full recovery which didn’t fix it. Only making a Windows USB and re-installing from scratch worked.

So I think it had something to do with the Windows USB driver???

Jackson

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @jaxnz, okay thanks for the update and glad to hear you got it working in the end, although of course a windows reinstall is not an ideal solution! It’s a pity we did not track down exactly which update (Tobii or Windows) was the offending one, but should any problems arise in the future please do not hesitate to get in touch again. Best Wishes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.