Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Eye tracker won't connect

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant

I’m using the Tobii REX with the “Tobi Eye Tracker Installer v1.6.641”. This is running on a Windows 8.1 machine. The eye tracker used to work, but now I just get this when opening the Tobi Eye Tracking from the control panel:
    “No eyetracker was found. please plug in your eyetracker.”

I have the eye tracker plugged in. I reinstalled the Eye Tracking software, but I continue to see this error. Also rebooted.

Is there anything else I should try?

Anders
    Participant

Hi Mark,

the one thing that I could think of that you didn’t already try, is to move the device to a different USB port. Or to connect it directly without a USB extension cord. The power consumption of the REX is close to what the USB specs allow, and some USB ports just won’t work. We have also noted issues with some USB extension cords, probably for the same reason.

If this still doesn’t help, please contact our technical support staff. You can use the contact form here.

Maurilio Marques
    Participant

Hi,

I´m using Tobii REX too and getting a similar error.

The EyetrackerBrowserMFC application on SDK shows my device, but when I try to see the status it shows me a message “Failed to communicate with Eyetracker. Disconnect.”

Can anyone help me?

Anders
    Participant

Hi Maurillo,

I’m assuming that you mean the Eye Tracker Browser program (without the “MFC”). Is that right? In that case you are most likely trying to use a Tobii REX eye tracker with the Tobii Analytics SDK, and that won’t work. You should be using the EyeX SDK or possibly the low-level Gaze SDK instead — please see this page for more information about Tobii’s SDK offerings and which SDK to use for what.

I’m sorry for the confusion; in the best of worlds there would only be one SDK (to rule them all!) but we’re not there yet.

Mark
    Participant

The camera works without any extension cord. It still fails to connect with the provided extension cord. I’m a little confused because the cord worked in the beginning. I’ve tried using another extension cord, and it failed with that too.

Anders
    Participant

Our tech support people hinted that a powered USB hub can be useful when the extension cord doesn’t work.

Mark
    Participant

I don’t have a powered usb hub.
    Thanks for all the help, Anders!

I will just use the eye tracker without the extension cord.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.