[Solved] EyeX and TrackIR

Home Forums Game Integration [Solved] EyeX and TrackIR

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Delta99
    Participant

Hey all,

I know how to get the EyeX and Infinite Screen to work with any game that will accept vJoy input.

But I’m looking at taking things a step further to see if I can get games that support TrackIR.

If I understand things correctly I should be able to install OpenTrack which will take either the vJoy inputs and/or a FreeTrack input and turn it into TrackIR.

I thought I read somewhere that having OpenTrack installed may break EyeX implementation so I am hesitant to install it and break what took me a while to get working nicely!!

Is this the case? Anyone know how to do this?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @delta99, the Tobii EyeX SDK does not support OpenTrack at the moment, however, that does not preclude the possibility that you can get both systems working together via the SDK.

In any event, we would encourage you to experiment and if you have any issues with removing the software and getting Tobii up and running again should the process fail, please get in touch again.

Thanks and let us know how you get on!

Delta99
    Participant

I was just trying to get information on whether it was true that installing OpenTrack would not break EyeX. I have since been able to and it didn’t seem to break EyeX.

I have solutions that work for me now so that I can support most all games that are expected either vJoy input or TrackIR so all is good.

Although I see that you have an update to Infinite Screen and I am hesitant to install that because it will probably break what I have working 😉

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Thank for the update @delta99, good news!

Toran
    Participant

Hey @delta99, how did you get Infinite Screen working with any game?

Delta99
    Participant

You used to be able to point one of the configs (vJoy ones) that is supported by Infinite Screen extension to any executable on your system. It would trick EyeX into thinking that game was running. Then you can run any game that will allow vJoy input and you should be good.

Not sure this method works anymore.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.