Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices EyeX & ASUS GPU Tweak Conflict

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Warren Newman
    Participant

Bit of a weird issue, was wondering if anyone could help. I had some trouble getting my EyeX to work on my Laptop and Tobii support suggested it might be due to conflict with another piece of software.

After some checking it turned out to be ASUS GPU Tweak for GTX860m. For a while I was using the EyeX with GPU Tweak disabled completely however, it controls my ability to overclock and speed up my fans. As it stands I need to overclock to run my fans on full as even at standard speed things are a bit toasty (laptop problems).

Long story short is anyone able to theorise as to what might be causing the conflict between the two.
    At first I thought it might be to do with power draw as I overclock my gpu but I used MSI Afterburner instead and the two didn’t conflict with each other (however Afterburner cannot control my laptop fans).

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @wolby2010, thanks for your report. I will check with the developers and see if there is possibly a workaround we can find for your situation, however after asking around there *shouldn’t* be a conflict, so some further digging is required. Thanks for your patience.

Warren Newman
    Participant

Thank you Grant for taking the time to read my message and respond.

If it helps, when I say “conflict” specifically I mean that the device will drop connection and then reconnect multiple times per minute. It genuinely is only when I disable GPU Tweak that it works normally again.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @wolby2010, thanks for your patience.. I have checked around various departments and I’m afraid this is the first time such an issue has been reported I am afraid so currently it seems rather niche and therefore somewhat unlikely to find a workaround for the time being.. perhaps you could post on ASUS own forum and they may have an idea what process the utility is using that it may interfere with other USB peripherals such as the Tobii Tracker… indeed, if you do find any useful information from them, would be great if you posted it here. Best of luck and sorry we cannot be more helpful in this instance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.