Home Forums Legacy SDKs EyeX controller and Gaze SDK

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

We have both a Tobii REX and an EyeX controller. If I understand correctly, the latter does little processing itself and is targeted at non-embedded systems whereas the REX does processing. The EyeX controller only supports the EyeX SDK, the supports both Gaze and EyeX SDK.

Since we want to use it in a car environment in which we already have an Arm-Linux/ Android platform, platform flexibilty is an important issue for us. It is also nice to be able to create proof-of-concepts on x86 Linux/ Windows systems. We therefore use the Gaze SDK which currently only works with the REX.

Are there plans to support EyeX controller on (embedded) Linux? It would be nice if the EyeX controller was supported by the Gaze SDK.

Also, can you give an indication of the CPU requirements for such a solution? Obviously, you have the algorithms running on an embedded system for the REX, can you give an indication of what kind of SoC it uses or does it use ASICs.

Kind regards,

Jan Willem

Anders
    Participant

Hi Jan Willem,
    it is actually possible to use the EyeX Controller with the Gaze SDK as well. But the drivers for the unit are only available on Windows at the moment so you’d still be limited to the Windows platform for now. I certainly hope that we’ll provide drivers for Linux as well in the future but I haven’t heard of any plans for that yet.

I’ll forward your questions regarding CPU requirements and such to our firmware engineers.

Hi,

Thanks, I’m pleased to hear that the EyeX works with the GAZE SDK! This means I can use it for our proof-of-concept with little effort.

Kind regards,

Jan Willem

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.