Home Forums Software Development EyeX For Calibration and Extract Fixation

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jagannath
    Participant

I am working on the Sample Project provided with the SDK Download from the website. Trying to restructure it and calibrate the eyes of the user. As simple as that. (C/C++, VS 2013)

I am trying to make a similar calibration technique as of the Tobii Studio where the calibration point moves to the corners and the center of the screen and give the result to the user. I believe, it is possible to modify the code from the Sample project and get this task done!

If so, is there any implemented code for the same?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @rakeshkanna91,

This forum is intended for Support with the Eye SDK only. Any issue or queries related to the Tobii Pro range of hardware
    or software needs to be directed to their dedicated support department @ http://www.tobiipro.com/contact/contact-support/

However, perhaps you are indeed using the Gaze SDK and only referred to Tobii Studio for reference? In any event, I am afraid the entire calibration routine and process is handled by the EyeX engine and not something open to modification.

If you are though using the Tobii Pro Analysis SDK, then indeed you should be able to customise to your wishes.

Jagannath
    Participant

Hi @Grant,

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. The SDK that I am working on is the Tobii EyeX downloaded from @ http://developer.tobii.com/eyex-sdk/c-cplusplus/ and along with the SDK downloaded, there was a sample mini game project provided.

I am trying to tweak the code of the sample project as it is designed similar to my needs. When I run the program in VS 2013, there are no notifications or guidelines for calibrating the user’s eyes and I am working on the same.

Let me know if I still have to go for he Tobii Pro contact support!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @rakeshkanna91, Okay thanks for the clarification.

Indeed, I can confirm that with the EyeX SDK, the calibration routines are handled by the EyeX Engine entirely and are not available for modification.

The calibration routines should therefore be run first using the Tobii own software and thereafter one may run the game properly.

You can launch the calibration routine within the code directly as shown in the simpler SDK samples included with the package.

I assume you have no issue in running these other samples that call the calibration routine?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.