Home Forums Software Development EyeX for Windows Hotkey Issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sage
    Participant

I’m trying to get a joystick button to take control of the “direct click” hotkey in the settings section of the EyeX for Windows software. However, it seems to only take input from the keyboard (no external joystick input works). I’ve tried using autohotkey to then map the keyboard hotkey to the joystick button, but am not having any luck. EyeX for Windows just maintains control of the hotkey button rather than passing the function on the autohotkey. Any suggestions for remapping a joystick button to the EyeX for Windows “direct click” function?
    Thanks,
    -Sage

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Sage,

At the moment the settings should work with input from the keyboard and mouse click buttons. I haven’t looked into how autohotkey works, so I don’t know what the problem is with the joystick you are using. But I do know that the key presses used for the EyeX Interaction are hooked on a low level and then consumed. We need to consume the key presses so we don’t have context menus pop up every time the Applications key is used to Direct Click something. Maybe that could be a clue to why it is not working?

Michael Gallagher
    Participant

Help!! I have been practicing using the Tobii EyeX, and until a few minutes ago my EyeX button was Control Right. Then I switched off the EyeX, but when I switched it on again and chose the EyeX Interaction menu, it said my EyeX button was now ‘No Hotkey’. It’s all gone haywire.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi Michael (@mikepg7), are all your eyex settings lost now or was just the hotkeys? Is this behaviour recurring?

Might be worth ensuring that you are running the software with admin rights and if that fails, reinstall the EyeX engine and drivers with the latest version available at http://developer.tobii.com/downloads/

Michael Gallagher
    Participant

Thanks Grant – In the end I deleted and reinstalled the driver. It’s working fine now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.