Home Forums Software Development Eyex sampling frequency

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    yangyangyang
    Participant

Now i have 2 devices run on 1 computer(including an eyex), which runs out of the CPU. The sampling frequency is lower just because of this. As a result, the accuracy
    of gaze points becomes worse. i want to ask if there is any method to increase the
    sampling frequency. What should i do?
    Thank you. Please forgive my poor English.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @yangyangyang,

The EyeX is designed to operate only one computer at a time and indeed the software only supports one eye tracker at a time, so I wonder what you are trying to accomplish?

Perhaps you could describe your hardware and software setup in more detail?

In any event, I cannot recommend having two eye tracker on one computer at the same time especially if both your eye trackers are using the computer CPU for processing.

yangyangyang
    Participant

Thanks for your help, Grant. But, one of the 2 devices I use is Tobii, while another is not. So they influence each other. If there is any way to increase the sampling frequency? Thank you.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @yangyangyang,

Ok, thanks for the clarification! I am afraid the sampling frequency is requlated automatically according to computer hardware availability (which is rather high as Im sure you noticed)

So, unfortunately, I am left with my original advice to discontinue simultaneous use or consider upgrading the specifications of your computer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.