Home Forums Software Development EyeX SDK for new 4C

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Haley
    Participant

Hello,

I am working in a lab that is looking at the gaze detection capabilities of several commercial eyetrackers for a project. I was going to pick up an eyeX this evening when I saw the new 4C. Does the existing SDK work with the 4C? Or are there other ways to access the raw data and develop for it?

Thanks!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @hdeboom, The existing SDK is indeed fully compatible with the Tobii C4 Eye Tracker. The SDK Tobii provide is indeed the only means by which to access the gaze data however please bear in mind that the long term storage of eye tracking data (for example to be used for scientific research) is prohibited in the SDK licence agreement. Hopefully what you had in mind does not entail this. In any event, if you could provide further details of the project you hoped to work on, we can be of further service.

Haley
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me, and I’m glad it will work out. We are using it to see where a user is looking in real-time at our application, following a similar use case to the posted project in the forums here. We will not be using it to gather data in the long term, but I’m glad to know that is the case for future reference.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Great, thanks for letting us know.. Please feel free to come back to the forums should you have any further issues or questions.

Gaganpreet Singh
    Participant

Anyway, how to get Head tracking data from Tobii 4C using current SDK

Gaganpreet Singh
    Participant

How to get Head tracking data from Tobii 4C using current SDK

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

You can currently use Tobii.StreamEngine (low level api). We are also soon releasing an update for our high level sdk and unity sdk that will both have head tracking support.

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Tobii.StreamEngine.Native/
    https://www.nuget.org/packages/Tobii.StreamEngine/

This is a low level API so please only use it if you know why you are doing it. Very little support is going to be provided.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.