Home Forums Software Development [Solved] Moved: EyeX Unreal 4.9 upgrade to 4.10 errors

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Thom Sip
    Participant

Hey there,

We are currently working on an unreal engine 4 game using tobii EyeX. We started the project in unreal 4.9. When 4.10 came out, we decided not to switch because we knew this might cause problems.

However due to unforeseen circumstances we are currently forced to switch to unreal 4.10. I’ve been trying for half a day to build the game editor from Visual studio with no luck.

I switched back to 4.9 to verify that everything was working. Switched the engine version to 4.10. performed a clean operation, and tried to rebuild. and I get the following errors

http://pastebin.com/qEHcNeG0

I’ve tried searching on google and this forum. I did find some people with similar problems, however non of the suggested solutions seemed to work for me.

Does anyone know why I can’t build with unreal 4.10?

Thom Sip
    Participant

oops!

just realised I placed this in the wrong forum.
    Could someone please move this “EyeX Software Development” or tell me how to move it?

my bad

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Thom,

I will take a look, see if I can come up with anything.

Thom Sip
    Participant

Great, thanks.

I’m still trying to see if I can get it to work myself. I will post here if anything changes about the situation.

Thom Sip
    Participant

I found out what the problem is.

I did not realize that unreal 4.10 requires visual studio 2015 to compile. I was using VS2013 and that’s where these errors cam from.

My bad, hope this post will help someone in the future

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Great!
    I actually got stuck on not getting the VS 2015 to install on my computer 🙂

For every new version of UE4, I usually google “unreal forum transition guide 4.X” (where X is the version) to get the best tips on what to look out for upgrading to the newest version.
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?91111-4-10-C-Transition-Guide

Thom Sip
    Participant

Thanks! I’ll keep that in mind next time we have to switch engine versions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.