Home Forums Legacy SDKs Get/set calibration missing in Matlabbinding of Analytics SDK 3.0

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stefan Eickelberg
    Participant

Hi, I am using my X2-60 with the Analytics SDK because of its Matlab binding. Apparently the Matlab binding is the only one in that SDK that lacks implementations for getCalibration() and setCalibration(). It is really cumbersome having to recalibrate the eyetracker each and everytime I relaunch my program, so getting access to those functions would be highly appreciated.

The way I see it, we have three options here:
    1) The aforementioned functions are added to the Matlab binding in a future version of the SDK, for which I will have to wait (hopefully not too long).
    2) I get access to the source of the mex-file, which probably only consists of calls to the C-binding of the Analytics SDK anyway. (That means that nobody gets to see the confidential closed source portions, so everything is fine.) Of the top of my head, I could think of numerous other reasons, why having access to the mex-source would be useful. Missing Xconfiguration functions is only one further example.
    3) I get frustrated because of not getting those functions. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anders
    Participant

Hi Stefan,
    you’re right, the getCalibration and setCalibration functions are missing from the Matlab binding.

I’ll forward your request to the people responsible for the Analytics SDK and hope that we won’t get to point 3 ๐Ÿ™‚

Stefan Eickelberg
    Participant

Thanks, Anders. Appreciated!

Stefan Eickelberg
    Participant

The more I think about it, there more option 2 would be most preferable. The XConfiguration utility GUI is a bit limited as far as precision is concerned, so having access to the xconfiguration functions would be a bonus, too.

Stefan Eickelberg
    Participant

It’s been two weeks. Did you hear anything from those coders? If not, could you please send me some contact information? After all, we paid quite a sum of money for that Eye-Tracker and some company support is obviously expected. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.