[Solved] How can i change a gaze points position in Unity?

Home Forums Game Integration [Solved] How can i change a gaze points position in Unity?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    HoMin
    Participant

Hi, I’m a beginner in tobii eyex & Unity.
    I just tried to change a gaze points position in Unity, but I couldn’t. So I looked up the Tobii Unity SDK guide, however I’m still don’t know well about that. I wanna do two things.

First, Users can change a gaze points position, if they want to do that. For example, when users gaze a display, EyeX will point center of it. but if they set up the gaze point option, they will get a point located in top of the display or anywhere they want.

Second, My program can fix a gaze points position in a specific event. After an event is over, the gaze point will be freely again.

I think my questions is fundamentally same thing. If I can change a gaze points position, it will carry out as like what I want. So if you know about some functions or class properties which related to gaze points position, please let me know about that.

p.s) English isn’t my mother tongue, so there can exist some wrong, strange sentence.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @janghomin, thank you for reaching out although I must confess I am having trouble understanding your query:

First, Users can change a gaze points position, if they want to do that. For example, when users gaze a display, EyeX will point center of it. but if they set up the gaze point option, they will get a point located in top of the display or anywhere they want.

From this I understand you wish to somehow *override* the gaze data reported by the SDK to some custom value upon request? If this is so, then certainly there is no function within the SDK to handle this natively. You would need to capture the gaze data via a secondary variable who values depended on this “gaze point option” Switch. If perhaps you could describe in more detail the intentions, I should be better placed to help you out.

I think this is related to your second question as well.. the gaze data received is not *modifiable* to remain at some fixed value, so a variable translation before using in your code would be necessary. Sorry If I have misunderstood, please let me know further information if possible.

Thanks for your patience.

HoMin
    Participant

Hi, Grant. Your reply is just what I want! I will try to use a variable translation. and Really thank you.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Great! Glad to hear it.. please let us know if we can be of any further help 🙂

Please also consider sharing your project for other users if possible, thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.