Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices How free memory is disabled eye-tracking turned off

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tony Hansen
    Participant

I have it turned off but there are still 5 tobii services running taking 60-100mb of ram. I am running it on a limited ram machine and need it gone from memoory when not using it.

Also, all the services are 32 bit and this is a 64 bit machine. Did I do something wrong on install?
    Thanks.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @thansen, sorry to hear about your troubles. Can I assume you are working with the Tobii 4C Eye Tracker?
    That being the case, Tobii officially recommends that the minimum about of RAM you have installed is 8GB.

However, should you wish an easy way to close all Tobii process (rather than manually one at a time) you can run the following command from the prompt

taskkill /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq *Tobii*" /F

Please bear in mind however that closing all programs abruptly in this fashion may produce undesirable effects in the program in question (this applies to any software). With reference to the 32/64 bit, Indeed some component of the Tobii Core Software are currently 32bit, so no mistake on the install.

Please do let us know if we can provide any further information.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.