Home Forums Software Development How to manipulate Monitor settings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Priya
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am using Tobii 4C Eye tracking system. As per my project requirement I need to read only normalized coordinates from device. For that no need of using monitor. But for the first time we need to calibrate the eye tracker then we can remove the monitor and it is working fine, but the problem is after we restart the system , the device is unable to be started.

Can anyone suggest me how to manipulate the device without presence of monitor.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @priyanka, This is a rather unusual setup and almost certainly the Tobii Core software is searching for the presence of a monitor upon restart and thus failing to start properly when none is found.

I will ask to see if there is some workaround, but for the time being I would ask if you are getting any communications from the eye tracker after restart.. I assume you are using the SDK? Can you kindly provide more details on this?

Priya
    Participant

Hi@Grant. Thank you for the reply. Yes I using SDK 1.8 for testing whether Eye tracking can work or not after removing the monitor, at present we can remove the monitor it is working fine, but when we restart the PC, it can not. I am trying to find some third party software to create a virtual Monitor to manipulate the device.

If you could find some suitable software. please kindly provide me. Or is it possible to use the device without calibrating w.r.t screen as I need to use only normalized data w.r.t to device.

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi!

You can definetely get eye tracker working with no monitor connected, but you will have to use our low level Stream Engine API for that.

Download links and documentation:
    http://developer.tobii.com/tobii-core-sdk/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.