Home Forums Feature Requests I Increased my Pupil Size, it gave me perhaps an Wonderfull Idea.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

So i was Sitting there and trying to guess why my gaze decalibrate itself so much, and i came to realize that when i play a game my pupil size increases since i’m “stimulated”…

Anyway, I dilated my eyes to see if it would change anything and to my big surprise, when i dilate my eye, Decalibration appears.Playing around like this i could reach up to 3 whole Centimeters of screen decalibration simply making my pupil biger and smaller and bigger and ……

So i was Thinking, Would there be Any possibility to increase Stability AND Precision wearing some ::
    Tobii Eye contacts of any sort?? That would be amazing too.
    Contacts with for exemple, a drawed, fixed Sized pupil on it

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @superseani2, very interesting idea! Though I am afraid we do not have such types of contact at Tobii .. Maybe a Halloween store can help you out! 😀

Yea i Actually bought Two different .

https://www.colouredcontacts.com/en/view-all/1023888-1-day-white-blind-colored-contact-lenses.html
    https://www.colouredcontacts.com/en/view-all/1023767-black-blind-halloween-colored-contact-lenses-1-day.html

I will post again if anything GOOD comes out of it.

I think Best Results will be with the all Black one, i just have a feeling these could also DECREASE stability since it would detect an EYE sized Pupil.

Since i cant really access the Tobii 4C iR Camera Images , i dont really know how the cameras actually catch the IR reflection in an Eye…
    I was hoping you guys could tell me more, does it track the pupil which is black, or does it also detects the white around the eye.

ALSO if you guys would consider This project for the future, If it REALLY has impact on Accuracy,
    For future Reference :::
    I really think a slight modification of THIS MODEL

https://www.colouredcontacts.com/en/view-all/1013160-humanoid-terminator-colored-contact-lenses-90-day.html

Could be something GENIUS!!! For exemple rather then Detecting 1/2 Color in the eye , it could detect 3/4 instead.
    IF THAT is how the Core Even works X”D I’m sure Developers would see the Model and figure out something Similar .

Thank you Grant,
    Thanks to all of you Tobii, Amazing community.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @superseani2, that’s great, I love your initiative! Please do keep us posted on how you get on 🙂

It is a PAIN’ to put on those Contacts… HONESTLY…

Many of em Broke in the process, but JUST LIKE the first time i used the Tobii 4c…With Patrice and Patience :: I’m getting used to it.

I Had tho to Go see my Optometrist because i did research on the MANY MANY MANY Eye Disease and Ir regulation that Human EYE can develop Wearing contacts That you dont need.

Lets Just SAY that for the Dynavox Branch… I WOULDNT recommand it.

i Actually am Looking forward to find a GOOD Optometrice COMPAGNY who could Affiliate with Tobii, As good as it could be for THEM, for the future of EyeTracking with IR.

Thank you.
    /.RESULTS.py./

_EXPERIMENT RESULTS _
    *******************************************************************************************************************************
    As soon i get the contacts in, Calibrate the screen, Calibrate a Fresh new Profile = STABLE.

EDIT : I MOVED My Pc set up NEAR a WINDOW , so the SUN would change Environement LIGHTNING From a Regular DAY.
    #— In ANY POSITION :: Sun Behind the screen, To the left/Right
    #—- EXECPT ::: screen facing the sun.
    #—– The NON-UV Contacts = UNSTABLE AND WORST THEN whitout ANY Contacts.
    #—– The YES-UV ConTACTS = STABLE and i find Best result AT NIGHT with an STANDARD light bulb :: 130 V. 40 W. Type A15. :: AT 10%
    *******************************************************************************************************************************

_IN PROGRESS_
    ——————————————————————————————————————————-

I am Currently Trying to modifye the Detection Process so it would Detect The Dots inside the PUPIL Location.
    With alot of Testing, i had SIGNIFICANT result and CAN SAY, This Improved stability , performance HAD Been the same SINCE i was able to REACH that PRECISCION, even whitout the contacts, BUT couldnt SAY it was STABLE, had to recalibrate everytime i sit BACK on the chair(on Windows 7).
    ——————————————————————————————————————————-

THANKS for Reading.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.