Home Forums Software Development Inconsistent readings (UE4)

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Eric Chu
    Participant

I have been working with the EyeX for a about a month now, and the largest problem I am having is the inconsistency that it has when reading the gaze. Where when I would look at an EyeXActor and the gaze wouldn’t detect and after moving around while shaking and clicking the mouse a bit it would suddenly work. I have checked the calibration of the EyeX but it seems to work fine in all of the other applications, I also have the “Visualize Detection” checked and I can see that the gaze is colliding with the actor.

I have been told before that you are suppose to move the mouse around to receive proper detection readings from the Unreal Engine, but I have tested this a lot and cannot find a work around.

I also felt that maybe distance might be the problem as at a certain distance the detection would stop working, and I have played with the EyeX distance settings in both the PlayerController and the EyeXActor and the distance is still affecting the detection to a great extent.

Is there anyway I can make sure that the detection is more consistent, because this issue is pretty game breaking if I am to make a game that is using EyeTracking as a core mechanic.

Thanks to anyone that can give me some advice/help

Eric Chu

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.