Home Forums Legacy SDKs Incorrect Points During Calibration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gabe
    Participant

Hello,

I created a custom calibration runner in C# that was based off of an example.

I supplied 9 test points as in the example, at (0.1, 0.1), (0.1, 0.5), (0.1, 0.9), and so on, where each number is the distance as a proportion from the left or top of the screen to the center of the calibration point.

However, I screwed up when I was displaying the calibration points, so each one was offset up and to the left.

So, I used IETracker.AddCalibrationPointAsync, but while I passed in a value like (0.1, 0.1), the actual point was (0.08, 0.07).

Can I just shift all the subsequent points that are collected after calibration by that offset to get the correct gaze location, or fix the gaze points in some other way?

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Gabe,

Since the calibration is done on an internal physiological 3D model of the eye, there is no way of adjusting the gaze point afterwards. You need to implement the calibration runner correctly and re-do the calibration.

If you want to know more about the Tobii Eye Trackers and calibration, you can check out the Tobii Eye Tracking White Paper. It is a bit old and based on our eye trackers for Research & Analysis, but many concepts are used across all Tobii eye trackers.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.