Home Forums Game Integration [Solved] Infinite Screen Extension

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

Hi Folks,

New here and have been having a decent time with this eye tracker in the Division, really enjoying it.
    I bought the tracker to use with Elite but as far have been unable to figure this one out… Ive searched as best as i can but try as i might i cannot seem to get this software to locate the game executable? In both Euro Truck Simulator and Elite, i’ve hunted throughout my Steam folder havent had any luck with the “%LOCALAPPDATA% route either, simply cannot find anything within the screen extension game executable search.

Games are installed on a secondary drive, not sure if this makes any difference

Paul

Infinite Screen Extension (ISE) does not support “The Division” as this game has native support for the EyeX.

ISE is a tool that enables you to control the camera view with your gaze in a selection of games that do not have native support for the EyeX (such as Elite: Dangerous and Eurotruck Simulator 2).

Paul
    Participant

Sorry maybe i wasnt clear enough. Im unable to get the infinite screen extension software to detect any of my games (Elite, Euro Truck), thus cannot use it for the reason i purchased it.

Sorry maybe i wasnt clear enough. Im unable to get the infinite screen extension software to detect any of my games (Elite, Euro Truck), thus cannot use it for the reason i purchased it.

Ah, ok. ISE relies on install/uninstall information stored in the windows registry (basically what you see in “Programs and Features”). If you’ve moved your game after installation then the paths in the registry will be broken and ISE can no longer autodetect your installation. You should however still be able to manually browse to the game executeables.

The executable for ED (steam edition) should be located at:
    “<SteamInstallationFolder>\SteamApps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\EliteDangerous64.exe”

For ETS:
    “<SteamInstallationFolder>\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x64\eurotrucks2.exe”

Hope it helps.

Paul
    Participant

Hi Henrik,

Although finding the executables via windows explorer is simple, going via the browse function within the infinite screen extension cannot see any of these files? It’s clearly there but not selectable at all. Oddly it’s located euro truck OK by itself so I’m even more confused than I was before lol!

Thanks for your help so far, appreciated
    Paul

That is weird. What’s the full path to your ED executable? (Filename included)

Paul
    Participant

Hi Henrik,

The file path is D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous.

Executable is EDLaunch.exe (confirmed launches Elite)

When browsing to the very same folder within the Infinite screen extension, the only selectable items are folders (_CommonRedist, de, es, fr, logs, Producs & ru)

The Euro Truck simulator path is almost exactly the same and now works fine (D:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2)

Stumped…!

Paul

Executable is EDLaunch.exe (confirmed launches Elite)

No, you need to browse to the executable as I described above – “<SteamInstallationFolder>\SteamApps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\EliteDangerous64.exe”.

EDLaunch.exe is NOT the correct executable (this is the executable for the launcher application) which is why you cannot select it. ISE only allows you to select an executable if it has the correct file name.

Paul
    Participant

Henrik,

You are a star, no idea how I couldn’t locate it before as hunted high and low but it’s set up now. Your help has been much appreciated 🙂

Paul

No worries. Glad you got it working! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘[Solved] Infinite Screen Extension’ is closed to new replies.