[Solved] Installation of Tobii EyeX

Home Forums Feature Requests [Solved] Installation of Tobii EyeX

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    pilipala
    Participant

Tobii EyeX (2.5.0.5588) does not correctly work on my computer (Windows 10 professional x64). The system often crashes when I click tobii’s tray icon.
    1) It is not able to uninstall Tobii EyeX. Maybe, there is something wrong during the installation, leading to the crash.
    2) It is also unable to reinstall EyeX as the program detects a “finished” installation ……

The program should allow the user to completely overwrite the previous setup of EyeX. BTW, when I boot the computer into Windows 7, EyeX works very well.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @pilipala119,

Sorry to hear about your issues. The system is well tested on Windows 10 and I checked for other users with a similair issue without success. Given that there appears to be an issue with the installation files, I think it would be worth installing a download monitor such as ‘advanced uninstaller’ or similiar to ensure all the appropriate files and registry entries can be monitored. The fact that the system works well in Windows 7 at least indicates everything is okay on the hardware/firmware side.

Might be worth to check what processes are running on the Win10 machine are running that may be having an effect, such as antivirus or aggressive firewall software.

pilipala
    Participant

Thanks! @grant-rogers

I mean, EyeX should let user decide to abort the installation or continue it to overwrite the files when detecting a “successful” installation. Actually, I manually edited the registry and deleted the directories of Tobii, including the hidden ones I can find. However, it is still unable to reinstall EyeX.

EyeX stably works in Windows 7. But I notice a situation, maybe it is a bug. In the interface of “Test and recalibrate”, when I choose “track left eye”, for example, close the interface and then open it again, I find EyeX does not keep the tracking state. It will automatically switch to “track both eyes”. At first, I thought there was something I missed to confirm the choice, such as recalibration. So I started the process of recalibration to test it again after choosing a specific eye. Unfortunately, EyeX still lost the state ……

pilipala
    Participant

I found a tool, “Windows Install Clean Up”, to remove the install of EyeX. MS released it more than 10 years ago, but it still works in Windows 10. I reinstalled EyeX 2.5, but it is still going to crash in Windows 10. I am trying to find out what device or software conflicts with it.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @pilipala, may I ask if you managed to resolve the issue through a clean reinstall?

pilipala
    Participant

Hi, @grant-rogers

Unfortunately, the issue is still there in that computer with Windows 10 and EyeX 2.5.
    I cannot test the new version of 2.6 until going back to my office after the vacation.

Thanks.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi pipilala, thanks for update ,keep us posted.

pilipala
    Participant

The new version of EyeX still does not fix the crash issue in my computer with Windows 10. The problem that EyeX could not keep the tracking state for a specific eye has been fixed. Maybe, the crash is just related to my computer.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

HI @pilipala, thanks for the update.. so It seems you were able to successfully uninstall and reinstall the Tobii SW on your system … and the program keeps crashing each time you try to load the Try Icon? May I ask if you had a chance to to load any of the EyeX SDK applications? It would be useful to know at what level this is occurring. Is there any security software running on the Win10 machine (Antivirus, Firewall, etc) that is not present on the Win7 system?

pilipala
    Participant

@grant-rogers The last version, 2.7.0, fixes the crash in my computer. It works.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Great, thanks for the update! Glad to hear you got it resolved 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.