Home Forums Software Development Interaction library distribution and development

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Martin Chrzan
    Participant

Hi,

is there any reason why is Interaction library not distributed through NuGet as was the case with the previous SDK? There is no easy way of tracking any updates other than refreshing your website and downloading ZIP (are we in 2000s?).

I would also like to know if is this library still under development or is it deprecated already? The latest available version on your site is – Tobii Interaction Library SDK 1.0.2 – 2020-06-25 – it is almost one year old and it clearly has multiple issues. For example, WPF sample does not handle scaled monitors, so to hit interactors you have to look few centimeters off.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @martinchrzan, thanks for getting in touch. Tobii decided to no longer provide our SDK & API libraries over Nuget as we want to have complete traceability through the developer zone to monitor user downloads and profiles, our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Yes! Interaction Library is still under development, but due to the circumstances of the past year, it has been difficult to prioritise bug testing for the next release, but rest assured, it *is* coming and hopefully soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Regarding the scaled monitor issue you mentioned, I will pass along this comment to the developers for consideration. Please do let us know if we can provide any further information. Best Wishes.

Hongbin Zou
    Participant

@grant-rogers Now links to the Interaction Library have been removed from the “Product Integration” page. Are you sure a next release *is* coming?

Gishan
    Participant

Yeah I also wonder that.

I generally found documentation really confusing. It was extremely hard to find a site where I could get the right library.
    StreamEngine Library, Interaction Library, Reaserch, Pro, PDK, and so on

You guys should really get your documentation and download sites straight.
    At the moment it is just a complete mess!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Thanks for your feedback, we are actively working on streamlining our SDK offerings across the whole Tobii product range so thanks for your patience during this integration period and apologies for any inconveniences caused.

Markku Laine
    Participant

I have an old C# project that uses the Tobii EyeX and Tobii Core SDK’s “Tobii.Interaction.0.7.3” package. I need to revisit that particular API documentation in order to read more on certain methods and properties. Specifically, CreateFixationDataStream() and CreateGazePointDataStream() of Streams and the Data property of their produced results.

I have spent over an hour looking for the API documentation on your website and on the Internet, without success! Could you kindly share me a direct link to the relevant API documentation, or the documentation of those methods and properties? Thanks!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @mplaine, thanks for getting in touch. As the Tobii Core SDK has been deprecated several years ago, we no longer maintain documentation online but I have Zipped the various manuals online for your to download @ https://we.tl/t-IvTIAC43qk

Hopefully this should serve your needs, let me know how you get on. Best Wishes.

Markku Laine
    Participant

Thank you so much!!! This was exactly what I needed ๐Ÿ™‚

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Great! Glad to be of help ๐Ÿ™‚

Hello! I I need to revisit that particular API documentation in order to read more on certain methods and properties, too. Can you please share with me the API documentation and the available manuals?

Thanks!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @kiblip, please send me a PM and I can share the documents, thanks

Hi Grant, here it is:
    [email protected]

Thank you!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

OK Sent!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.