Home Forums Software Development InteractionLib, how to use it properly?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Roman
    Participant

Hi! I’ve taken the Tobii.InteractionLib.Wpf.SampleApp and copied all the code and references in a fresh project, to experiment with it myself. I’ve copied the “lib” directory into my project too. I’ve added tobii_interaction_lib_wpf.dll and tobii_interaction_lib_cs.dll as references. But when I try to run my project, it builds successfully but doesn’t run. Windows Event Log reports a DllNotFoundException:

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.DllNotFoundException
       at Tobii.InteractionLib.InteractionLibCImports.IL_CreateInteractionLib(IntPtr ByRef, Tobii.InteractionLib.FieldOfUse)
       at Tobii.InteractionLib.Wpf.InteractionLibWpfHost..ctor()

Am I missing something? How do I use the Interaction Library correctly? It doesn’t want to work outside the sample apps…

Roman
    Participant

btw, the documentation mentions there is Tobii.InteractionLib in NuGet also, but it’s not there. Is it obsolete or what?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @sapp, sorry to hear about your issues. Can you kindly confirm for us what happens if you follow our WPF Guide @ https://tobiitech.github.io/interaction-library-docs/wpf/html/index.html

You should only need to unzip the Interaction Library ZIP and use the Visual Studio Developer Prompt command to get the program running:

msbuild samples/wpf/Tobii.InteractionLib.Wpf.SampleApp/Tobii.InteractionLib.Wpf.SampleApp.csproj /p:Configuration=Release /p:Platform=x64 /verbosity:minimal

Which produces the relevant exe. I had to first install the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 Developer Pack available @ https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=56119

Please let us know the output from this command. Best Wishes.

Roman
    Participant

@grant-rogers, I’m fine running the sample app itself. Now I’m trying to use the library for my own project. That’s where I have a problem, because apparently just using the DLLs is not exactly enough. Can you describe how Interaction Library is intended to be used outside the sample app?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @sapp, could you kindly clarify what kind of language bindings and technologies (C++,C#,WPF, etc) you intend on using? Thereafter I will be better placed to offer a ‘blank’ template.

That being said, in the meantime you could simply strip the sample application down to the bare components and build your project upon that, but I will look at providing details otherwise.

Roman
    Participant

@grant-rogers, oh right, I’m using C# WPF. Just created a new .NET Framework project. Copied the “lib” directory with the DLLs to the project. Added tobii_interaction_lib_cs.dll and tobii_interaction_lib_wpf.dll to References. Thought it would suffice, but apparently missing something.

Thank you for your advice, I’ll try to strip down the sample app too. Just want a clear understanding, what is needed for correct usage.

Roman
    Participant

Ok @grant-rogers, I’ve found the missing parts. They were all hidden in the project file: Tobii.InteractionLib.Wpf.SampleApp.csproj
    I’m not sure if the missing fields can be set up via Visual Studio’s GUI, I couldn’t find them there. I’ve edited my .csproj file directly to add the missing stuff. I believe the crucials were these:

<PropertyGroup>
        <IsWindows>false</IsWindows> 
        <IsOSX>false</IsOSX>
        <IsLinux>false</IsLinux>
        <IsWindows Condition="'$(OS)' == 'Windows_NT'">true</IsWindows>
      </PropertyGroup>
      <PropertyGroup Condition="'$(MSBuildRuntimeType)' == 'Core'">
        <IsWindows Condition="'$([System.Runtime.InteropServices.RuntimeInformation]::IsOSPlatform($([System.Runtime.InteropServices.OSPlatform]::Windows)))' == 'true'">true</IsWindows>
        <IsOSX Condition="'$([System.Runtime.InteropServices.RuntimeInformation]::IsOSPlatform($([System.Runtime.InteropServices.OSPlatform]::OSX)))' == 'true'">true</IsOSX>
        <IsLinux Condition="'$([System.Runtime.InteropServices.RuntimeInformation]::IsOSPlatform($([System.Runtime.InteropServices.OSPlatform]::Linux)))' == 'true'">true</IsLinux>
      </PropertyGroup>
      <PropertyGroup>
        <LibPath>../../../lib/$(Platform)</LibPath>
        <LibPath Condition="'$(BuildLibPath)' != ''">$(BuildLibPath)</LibPath>
      </PropertyGroup>

…and these:

<ItemGroup Condition="$(IsWindows)">
        <NativeDlls Include="$(LibPath)/tobii_interaction_lib_c.dll" />
        <NativeDlls Include="$(LibPath)/tobii_interaction_lib.dll" />
        <NativeDlls Include="$(LibPath)/tobii_stream_engine.dll" />
      </ItemGroup>
      <ItemGroup Condition="$(IsOSX)">
        <NativeDlls Include="$(LibPath)/libtobii_interaction_lib_c.dylib" />
        <NativeDlls Include="$(LibPath)/libtobii_interaction_lib.dylib" />
        <NativeDlls Include="$(LibPath)/libtobii_stream_engine.dylib" />
      </ItemGroup>
      <ItemGroup Condition="$(IsLinux)">
        <NativeDlls Include="$(LibPath)/libtobii_interaction_lib_c.so" />
        <NativeDlls Include="$(LibPath)/libtobii_interaction_lib.so" />
        <NativeDlls Include="$(LibPath)/libtobii_stream_engine.so" />
      </ItemGroup>
      <Target Name="AfterBuild">
        <Copy SourceFiles="@(NativeDlls)" DestinationFolder="$(OutputPath)" SkipUnchangedFiles="true" />
      </Target>

So now with these things in my .csproj file I can successfully build and run the app. All good. Thank you for participation!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Great! Thanks for sharing Roman and glad to hear you got your project up and running 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.