Home Forums Software Development Launching Recalibration in Framework 2.0 for Unity

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant

I’m trying to migrate from Framework 1.7 to 2.0 and I can’t seem to find the function call to bring up the Recalibration screen. According to the documentation EyeXHost has been replaced with EyeTrackingHost, but it does not contain the same functionality. Is there a work around for this? I cannot find any references in the new manual.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @monky822, I am sorry to report that the Recalibration function has been removed from the 2.0 Unity Framework SDK.

However, as the software is still in Beta there exists the chance to reintroduce it according to customer requests.

May I ask why you feel this is a necessary inclusion?

Josh
    Participant

Hi @grant-rogers

The recalibration is necessary because the games I create for the EyeX are designed for a group, research, therapeutic and classroom setting. Typically we’ll have different users with varying age ranges every time the software is used and to provide the best accuracy. An easy button for recalibration makes it fast and easy for our end users.

If you don’t plan to reintroduce it. How long are you planning to support the old SDK?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi Josh, thanks for the feedback. I will pass along your comments to developers.

For the time being, you will need to use the old version which is to be supported until such times as the new 2.0 version goes beyond the Beta stage.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.