Home Forums Software Development Linux and Mac SDK?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @hedmo, we can only offer a software development kit for linux under ubuntu which is for software engineers to create their own software, so there is no solution currently available to run your device directly on linux (and gentoo is not supported) in the same manner as windows with the software ready for eye tracking.

Apologies for the disappointing news, if you are however a developer and wish to get the Linux SDK for Ubuntu to create your own applications, please let me know. Best Wishes.

Andrew Kurauchi
    Participant

Hi, I also want to do some tests in both Linux and OSX. Can I also get the instructions, please?

Thanks

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @kurauchi, you can send across your project intentions and needs via our new contact form @ https://tech.tobii.com/contact/ and a member of our team will get back to you. Thanks for your interest.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I would like to use my Tobii 4c under Linux as well. Could you send me the instructions, please?
    Thanks

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @rsauex. Thanks for getting in touch. As I outlined above, please send across your project intentions via our new contact form @ https://tech.tobii.com/contact/ and a member of our team will get back to you. Best Wishes.

Ben
    Participant

I was told by the Tobii team that Tobii does not now, nor have immediate plans in the future, to support linux for the 4c. Is this no longer the case @Grant?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @bjudd and thanks for your query. Unfortunately, this is correct as Tobii will no longer support the Linux platform with the 4C.

If you want to develop a product integrating Tobii Eye Tracking we have other solutions such as the Tobii Eye Tracker 4L, and integration platforms that also support Linux and MacOS. If you are interested in integrating eye tracking in your product please Contact Tobii.

Apologies for any inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.

Gabriele
    Participant

Hello everyone
    I have a Tobii 4c, I would like to use it under MacOS, is it possible to have the instruction to do that?

Thank in advance

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi Gabriele, I am afraid that we no longer support or provide SDK bindings to use the 4C in conjunction with a Mac. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Sohail Khan
    Participant

Hi I have also bought a Tobii 4c and have been doing Windows development. However I would like instructions on Mac Development please.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @sohailk2, thank you for your interest unfortunately for the time being we are no longer releasing an SDK for 4C development on the MacOS environment. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Patrik Björkman
    Participant

Hi, i would also like to have access to the ubuntu/linux tools!

//P

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @patrikb and thank you for your interest. I am afraid that our gaming eye tracker, Tobii Eye Tracker 4C, only supports Windows. Software development kits for the 4C are only available for Windows.

If you want to develop a product integrating Tobii Eye Tracking we have other solutions such as the Tobii Eye Tracker 4L, and integration platforms that also support Linux and MacOS. If you are interested in integrating eye tracking in your product please Contact Tobii.

Our apologies for any inconvenience.

Matthew Gray
    Participant

I’d appreciate getting the instructions as well. Interested in Mac use, both for the 4C and the 5.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @graytmatter, I am afraid that for the 4C and ET5, only Windows platform is supported at this time. Our apologies for any inconvenience.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.