Home Forums Feature Requests Mac OS Support

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Borghus
    Participant

Hi guys.

– You have a long history of helping people with disabilities, and I hope you feel proud about that. You have every reason to do so.
    I was in an accident 9 years ago and became a quadriplegic – and I’m so stoked about my new Tobii EyeX that i got yesterday – it might turn out to help me very, very much.
    So far my only gripe is, that there is no driver for Mac OS – any chance you’re making one soon? or if you’re already working on it – any chance that those interested, could help you test it?

Kind regards!
    Thomas.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas (@topperf)

Thank you for the kind words, we are indeed very proud of all that Tobii has accomplished!

Regarding support for Mac OS, I am afraid to inform you that this is not currently a priority for Tobii EyeX Tracker and software, mostly due to the focus we have on gaming at this time.

However, a number of users have reported BootCamp works successfully with Tobii, although we do not support this configuration officially. Virtualisation is another possible option, although I have not heard of this working yet.

Sorry for the bad news, buy perhaps you can find a work around to suit your needs.

Thomas Borghus
    Participant

Thank you for replying.

I can understand your priorities and I’m looking forward to gaming with the EyeX – but I hope you’ll develop a Mac driver some day, so that I can be helped when I work too.

Anurag Kumar
    Participant

Hi,

Is there any update on compatibility with Mac? I have Tobii 4C eye tracker, can I make it work on my Macbook Air?

Thanks,
    Anurag

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @anurag2904, I am afraid that for the time being Mac Support is still not available for the Tobii 4C or other Tobii Tech range of eye trackers as is currently not prioritised whilst we focus on the Gaming and Interaction Market.

That being said, a number of users have experimented using Parallels with varying level of success but please bear in mind that
    using Tobii hardware or software in a virtual environment is not something we can officially support. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.