Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and Tobii EyeX

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Thanh
    Participant

Hi,

I see that there are quite a few people who are using the surface pro 3 with the tobii EyeX although the surface pro doesn’t fit with the system requirement of the Tobii EyeX (2.0 GHz quad core Intel i5 or i7. 8GB RAM).

I just want to use the Surface Pro 3 and the Tobii EyeX for OptiKey. So absolutely no gaming. its for someone with a cerebral infarct who cannot speak and move anymore.

So would it maybe work with the Surface Pro 3 i5 4gb? or shoud i go for the i7 processor?

Could you please post the Hardware specs of your Surface Pro 3 which were used with the Tobii eyeX in your projects?

Does it work fluently? Thanks very much

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @Thanh,

The Tobii EyeX is designed to operate with applications designed using the Tobii SDK only.

That being said, the software in question Optikey does indeed specify that it will work with the EyeX Tracker.

The high system requirements we demand are not a reflection on running games, but rather the processing that is required within Windows for the eye tracker to operate effectively.

My suspicion is that it should work fine with the Surface Pro i5 for your needs so long as the RAM is suitable upgraded to 8GB.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.