Home Forums Unreal Engine 4 SDK Need help with a grappling hook

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ErikMetha
    Participant

It works almost perfectly, but there’s one flaw I noticed with how the code was written. When you grapple a moving object, it doesn’t move you along with it, but it just makes the velocity fling you to where the ray hit with math of your current location combined with where the ray hit. Is it possible to change the value to the location of the object that the ray hit instead of where the ray hit? When an object moves after I grapple it, I kind of just fling to where the ray hit and stay floating instead of moving along with the object. Im new to Unreal Engine 4 so I don’t know most of the terms. It looks very similar to the code in the wiki, I just changed it so the ray more precise as it actually fired above the crosshair instead of where it was aiming towards.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @erikmetha, thanks for your query. I assume you are referring to this tutorial @ https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Grappling_Hook_Tutorial ?
    This is a part of the Unreal’s own community project and is not code that Tobii oversees.

For an answer to your question, I would recommend you post again on Unity’s own forum where hopefully someone there can point you in the right direction. Best Wishes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.