Home Forums Game Integration New version of Infinite Screen Extension (1.1.1.379)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Austin Bond
    Participant

even on the second to last version (372) the program still fails to launch because of deepscreen

Marc Pleijsier
    Participant

Rolling back to 323. Even with the error it has it feels the best still.

even on the second to last version (372) the program still fails to launch because of deepscreen

From a quick search it does seem like you’re should be able to add the ProcessMonitor executable or it’s folder to the global exclusion list.

Austin Bond
    Participant

I did do this, however it still opens it in deepscreen. I even tried it with my AV turned off completely

Justin Bacon
    Participant

Just updated to this version and I am getting a completely different experience from the earlier build which added support for Elite Dangerous: Horizons. The camera movements in Elite Dangerous are now harsh mechanical “steps” and they feel pretty awful. The snapping effect works well for absolute centering but when target tracking it is a horrible and painful experience.

A few other notes…

ISE Software can no longer autodetect Elite Dangerous: Horizons Steam version and has to be manually selected.

Arma 3 Launcher pops up with this message under BattleEye Tab. EyeX No longer works at all in game.
    3/9/2016 2:31:12 PM – Blocked loading of file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Tobii\Tobii InfiniteScreen\FreeTrackClient.dll’

How do I rollback?

Tage Borg
    Participant

@jstnbcn: You wrote: “ISE Software can no longer autodetect Elite Dangerous: Horizons Steam version and has to be manually selected.”

What path did you select? And how do you start ED:H – from Steam, from a “steam shortcut” or from a shortcut to the launcher executable, or…? For me, ED:H does not register input from my Sentry/EyeX at all (the product works in Windows using the gaze tracker) and I am wondering if I have somehow selected the wrong directory.

–Tage

Just updated to this version and I am getting a completely different experience from the earlier build which added support for Elite Dangerous: Horizons. The camera movements in Elite Dangerous are now harsh mechanical “steps” and they feel pretty awful. The snapping effect works well for absolute centering but when target tracking it is a horrible and painful experience.

We’re working on adding an option for “smoothing” for the next release. Even though the current implementation is much more responsive and therefore might feel “harsh” it should however still be a smooth experience when tracking (i.e continuously looking at) objects.

ISE Software can no longer autodetect Elite Dangerous: Horizons Steam version and has to be manually selected.

Since ED and EDH has been “merged” we’ve decided to do the same. Does EDH still exist as a stand alone on Steam?

Arma 3 Launcher pops up with this message under BattleEye Tab. EyeX No longer works at all in game.
    3/9/2016 2:31:12 PM – Blocked loading of file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Tobii\Tobii InfiniteScreen\FreeTrackClient.dll’

Is this still an issue?

How do I rollback?

Download links to previous versions are available on the release notes page.
    Note: You have to uninstall the latest version before installing an older version.

What path did you select? And how do you start ED:H – from Steam, from a “steam shortcut” or from a shortcut to the launcher executable, or…? For me, ED:H does not register input from my Sentry/EyeX at all (the product works in Windows using the gaze tracker) and I am wondering if I have somehow selected the wrong directory.

You need to point to the game executable so for the Steam version it should be:
    [YourSteamInstallLocation]\SteamApps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\EliteDangerous64.exe

Tage Borg
    Participant

You need to point to the game executable so for the Steam version it should be:
    [YourSteamInstallLocation]\SteamApps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64.exe

Close enough 🙂 The executable is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\EliteDangerous64.exe

In C:\Users\tage\AppData\Local\Tobii\Tobii InfiniteScreen\Content\Settings\EliteDangerousApplication\HidMapperSettings this is stored as <InstallLocation>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous</InstallLocation>.

Most likely due to how Frontier “merged” the two game versions I have multiple directories with related names. E.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous Horizons and C:\Program Files (x86)\Frontier\EDLaunch as well as the above directory. I never purchased “bare” ED, just ED:H after its launch, but now the main game executable lives in the ED directory rather than the ED:H one. I hope this is not a problem given the HidMapperSettings file. Also, EliteDangerous64.exe only exists in one single place.

I have proof-read and copy-pasted the above path and file names. Does ISE expect anything else than the above?

Also: the file modification date of the files in C:\Users\tage\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings do not change even when I uninstall and reinstall ISE. Is this a problem? The Custom.1.8.bind file was modified when I installed ISE for the first time (though that may have been a pre-freetrack-fo-ED version of ISE). Nothing happens on disable/re-enable ISE for ED either. Is this expected behaviour?

Tage Borg
    Participant

Hmmm. I also have a directory named C:\Users\tage\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\Products (note underscore) that is empty.

ISE is only interested to know if ED is installed or not. After switching to FreeTrack it no longer requires any further information since it no longer has to modify binding/template files.

Everything looks correct, is ISE still not working in ED for you?

Tage Borg
    Participant

Nope – nix pix, icke sa Nicke.

What I try to do is to set the <HeadLookPitchAxisRaw> and <HeadLookYawAxis> using the Settings->Control menus inside the game. I click the empty field for one of them and try looking left and right, but the game does not register anything.

Basically I started out with a vJoy configuration example I found here and when adding it to the .bind file it did not work, I tried setting it through the game. Perhaps I should just try to reset my configuration tothe default “Saitek X52 Pro” configuration? Will do that now. Perhaps I’m just in the old case of “try to fix it so hard you end screwing it all up”. BRB.

Tage Borg
    Participant

Nope, no joy. I restarted ED:H (including the launcher) after switching configurations.

Tage Borg
    Participant

How does ED pick up on freetrack, then? Perhaps I need to do something special with the game settings?

Perhaps I’m just in the old case of “try to fix it so hard you end screwing it all up”.

I’m afraid it might be because FreeTrack “should just work” in ED – zero configuration needed (I’m not even sure you can “unbind” it in ED).

I would advise you to reset your controller configuration to default (as I guess you’ve already done) and then check out the last error message (at the bottom of the file) in the latest ISE log:
    %PROGRAMDATA%\Tobii\Tobii InfiniteScreen\Logs\InfiniteScreen-<date>.txt

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • The topic ‘New version of Infinite Screen Extension (1.1.1.379)’ is closed to new replies.