Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices No connection to TobiiRex on Ubuntu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mats Liljegren
    Participant

Hi Anders,

I’m having the same problem, fwupgrade –auto –info-only says “No eye tracker could be found”. I got my tracker recently, I haven’t been able to use it on Windows since my machine is Linux.

How does fwupgrade detect the device? Does it search for the USB ID? The documentation that I read after following a link about how to switch firmware mentioned the ID ID 2104:0001, my lsusb says 2104:0010. Is it the web page only that has a spelling error, or is this something that has changed and might explain why fwupgrade does not find my device?

Best regards
    Mats Liljegren

Anders
    Participant

Hi Mats,
    what kind of eye tracker are you using? A REX or an EyeX controller?

Mats Liljegren
    Participant

It is an EyeX controller. It says “EYEXC-030104617664”, if that tells you anything…

Anders
    Participant

Hi Mats,
    I’m sorry to say the EyeX Controller is only supported on Windows. You’d need a REX device for use on Linux.

You can return the device and get a refund according to the 30-day money back warranty if this is a showstopper for you. Please check out the return policy on the support page in that case.

Mats Liljegren
    Participant

Hi Anders,

Is there any specification available so that you can make your own driver for Linux? Seems like Linux didn’t recognize the USB device ID and I couldn’t find any information about it on the Internet either.

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Sorry, we cannot share any specification of the driver publicly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.