Home Forums Unreal Engine 4 SDK dev Packaging for Tobii VR

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Grant [Tobii] 2 days, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Filip Kostic
    Participant

Hey all,
    First time poster. I’ve been working with the Tobii VR eye tracking kit for the regular vive and developing for a client in UE4. The gaze tracking works wonderfully in engine. WHen I package the project it doesnt seem to have any gaze recognition.

Any tips, or something obvious im missing?

Thanks.

Grant [Tobii]

Hi @fkostic, sorry to hear about your troubles. If you could kindly clarify the following points, that would be helpful in resolving the issue.

Can I assume by ‘regular vive’ you are referring to the Vive Pro Eye? Could you also specify if the packaged version is being run on a non-eye tracking Vive?

Please also specify whether you are using our Tobii API or the HTC API for eye tracking. Any additional details you could share would be beneficial.

Thanks for your patience whilst we try to find a solution for your problem.

Filip Kostic
    Participant

HI @Grant – I am not sure the name of the product bc i don’t see it on the site anymore. We got it a year ago, but it is an HTC Vive, not the HTC Vive Pro, and it has eye tracking in it. The packaged project is being run on the same headset(one with tobii inside) I believe I am using the Tobii API (Tobii Eye Tracking) with the unreal engine plugin (4.22) version. I am packaging it through the project launcher. Are there any steps I need to take in the packaging process to make sure that the plugin is also packaged?

Grant [Tobii]

Hi @fkostic, thanks for your patience whilst we try to reproduce your issue. It seems that by default Unreal Engine does not package the Tobii third party dll, you have to do it in the Build.cs file from your plugin

With code along the lines of:

if (Target.Platform == UnrealTargetPlatform.Win64)
    {
        RuntimeDependencies.Add(new RuntimeDependency(Path.Combine("YOUR PATH", "YOUR DLL.dll")));
    }

Might also be worth checking out the Unreal Wiki @ https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Linking_Dlls for more advice.

Please try this out and do let us know how you get on. Best Wishes.

Filip Kostic
    Participant

Hey Grant! thanks for the reply.
    Is the build.cs file in the tobii plugin folder? Which one am I looking for?
    Sorry, I don’t use C++ but am happy to figure this out with some additional guidance.
    Assuming my project needs to be editable in c++ so I’ll get that going before I try this.
    Any other help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much

Grant [Tobii]

Hi @fkostic, the build.cs file is specific to the Unreal engine and you can read more about it @ https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Programming/BuildTools/UnrealBuildTool/index.html

This also might help you @ http://dmitry-yanovsky.com/2015/08/unreal-engine-4-build-file-demystified/

The original problem you are having is related to Unreal configuration not the Tobii API and so in order to use our Plugin with Unity, we do assume some level of familiarity with C++ and the Unreal.

Please go through the links above that should hopefully explain in detail how to proceed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.