[Solved] Problem with Tobii Pro SDK .NET for Tobii.ProGlasses

Home Forums Software Development [Solved] Problem with Tobii Pro SDK .NET for Tobii.ProGlasses

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marcin Majak
    Participant

Dear all,

I have a problem with my Tobii Eye Tracker. I would like to use tracking data in my application written in c#. Therefore, I have installed from nuget repository sdk version: Install-Package Tobii.Research.x64. Before any real coding I have checked my tracker in Tobii Pro Glasses Controller (x64). Everything works fine. Later I have tested very simple code in Visual Studio 2013:

EyeTrackingOperations.LogReceived += EyeTrackingOperationsOnLogReceived;
     var trackers = EyeTrackingOperations.FindAllEyeTrackers();
     foreach (var tracker in trackers)
     {
         Console.WriteLine(tracker.Address);
     }

but I always obtain an empty list. Is it even possible that I can use Tobi.Research API with my Tobii.Pro.Glasses.

I have also came across for Tobii.Pro.Glasses 2 API. Since examples are written in python it would be a problem for me because my application is in c#.

Has anyone experienced such difficulties. Thank you in advance for any help.

Best regards,
    Marcin

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @marcinmajak, The Tobii Glasses are part of the Tobii Pro business department.

This forum is intended principally for support with the Tobii EyeX and C4 Eye Tracker and associated SDK’s.

I would advise that you get in touch with Tobii Pro Support department directly @ http://www.tobiipro.com/contact/contact-support/

That being said, As you pointed out, the Tobii Glasses have their own SDK which is distinct from the Tobii Pro SDK which is designed for stationary eye trackers.

You can download the Glasses SDK @ https://www.tobiipro.com/product-listing/tobii-pro-glasses-2-sdk/

Apologies for the inconvenience and best of luck with your continued development.

Marcin Majak
    Participant

Hi,
    @Grant [Tobii] thank you very much for this information. As stated in my previous post I have already download this SDK, but examples are in python.
    I will do my best to rewrite them into c#.

Best regards,
    Marcin

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @marcinmajak, okay thanks for the update. In any event, I would still recommend you ask Tobii Pro Support in case there is already in place some c# wrapper (perhaps produced by another user) or indeed other bindings not yet made available for public release… always worth a shot! Best of luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.