Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Problem with Warp on Mouse Move

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    LecLightning58
    Participant

I use the Eye Tracker 4C and have recently discovered that the Warp on Mouse Move (when pointing the mouse cursor) only works if I have a window open in the foreground on my monitor. If I have a blank screen with the exception of the desktop icons, is this normal behaviour for the mouse warp on move function, if I warp only on pointing the mouse. The warp on key press function does work no matter what.

LecLightning58
    Participant

I have found the cause of the problem. It appears to be Nvidia GeForce Experience causing the problem. If you switch Shadowplay off in Nvidia GeForce Experience, the Warp on Mouse Move function works irrespective of whether or not an application is open in windowed mode on the desktop.

Tobii developers please take note.

Please mark as solved for the problem encountered.

LecLightning58
    Participant

Note a previous posting on the same subject:

Geforce Experience stop mouse warp from working

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @leclightning58, thanks for your post.. Indeed we are aware of this issue with the GeForce Experience software. In fact, Mouse Warp will generally not work in a full-screen application by design, but as you pointed out, the Experience SW can also cause interference.

In any event, I will add your comments to the development team for consideration to see if we can include a workaround in our own Software. Best Wishes.

Stalledtime
    Participant

hi. Was this problem ever resolved? Mouse warp on mouse movement doesn’t work in xcom2 [full-screen].
    Any work around?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @stalledtime thanks for your query. I am afraid that for the time being, the only workaround solution we can recommend is that you run your game in maximised windowed mode. To improve this solution, you can remove the window title bar to make it essentially fullscreen.

This can be accomplished through a variety of means but the simplest would be to use AutoHotKey and an appropriate script.
    Further links and info on this @ https://hackerspace.kinja.com/removing-the-windows-title-bar-with-autohotkey-1015709275

Please do let us know how you get on and apologies for any inconvenience. Best Wishes.

Stalledtime
    Participant

hi. I am aware of that solution but running xcom2 in windowed mode makes the game run really slow, even though Xcom doesn’t require too much resources!
    I’m sure it’s an easy fix if tobii try to fix it.
    Thank you

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear that, unfortunately, this is the only workaround we can suggest for the time being, but I will pass along your comments to the development team for further consideration.

Vesti Bidya
    Participant

Here is some weirdness- for me, EU4 Windowed at 1920×1080 works, but Windowed at 2560×1440 doesn’t!
    Maybe internally it is checking if the windowed resolution matches native resolution, and if so, silently switch to Windowed (Fullscreen) aka Borderless. This is after exiting (not uninstalling) Geforce Experience btw. But running EU4 seems to start GFE in the background anyway.

I love my Tobii and its amazing how spoiled it made me. “Ugh, I have to move the cursor myself? Like the stone ages?” when I lose mouse warp.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Thanks for the report @vestigialdev, will pass along your information to the developers. Glad to hear you are enjoying the mouse warp feature! 🙂

Shatxouh
    Participant

I am having the same issue for Tobii 4c while testing on CS:GO and Fortnite. Mouse warping seems to be faulty on the full screen. And I have GeForce Experience installed as well.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @xhoutxuj, yes I am afraid that mouse warp is intentionally disabled on full-screen applications. The only current workaround is to run your game in windowed mode. Our apologies for this inconvenience.

Shatxouh
    Participant

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it, Grant.

Shatxouh
    Participant

Hi, @Grant I tested the solution, but there’s still a mouse warping issue while in windowed mode. The mouse warp function now aims a little too much either up or down. And it doesn’t turn correctly directly where I am looking at and sometimes aim the other way. For example, if I turn left slightly it won’t move, or if I moved hard left it doesn’t really follow the Tobii eye cursor. I’d try to recalibrate it again, but it seems to be the same. In all, that’s the result I have so far. And, I have my setting on 1920×1080.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @xhoutxuj, a couple of things you could try are firstly ‘improve calibration’ which is available from the system tray icon under user profile which may help with accuracy. You can also adjust the mouse warp sensitivity settings to see if this has any effect.

Outside of the windowed application, is mouse warp working normally?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.