Home Forums Software Development problems about getting research license

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dongzhihang
    Participant

Hello, I’m a student at university, my lab has ordered a tobii eyetracker, and we want to research on it.

1. From the forum, I find out that we need a license for our development, but I don’t understand that the license is for the SDK or the device? I mean, should every team member apply for a license, or we can just apply for one license that is enough for our research?

2. I wonder if the eyetracker will be connected to the internet, because we care much about the security problem and want to make sure that the eyetracker won’t record and send our data background.

thank you.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @morpheusdong, Thanks for your query. The licences are provided on a per-device basis so if you have multiple trackers, you will need to ensure these are stipulated in your agreement with Tobii. In case you haven’t already been in touch with the licencing team, you can reach them @ https://developer.tobii.com/license-agreement/

The trackers does not require a connection to the internet to operate and we do not collect data in the background.

Please let us know of any further queries you might have. Best Wishes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.