Home Forums Software Development Rate of Capture for Gaze Points

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Megan
    Participant

I wanted to know if anyone could confirm, I’ve been testing the rate at which the gaze points are being recorded and it seem like its about 1 point per 30 millseconds. Is this to be expected? Granted, I assume you may get less data points in 30 milliseconds if the person blinks or such. Thanks!

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Megan,

It depends on what eye tracker and software you are using. The Tobii REX has a fixed frame rate at 30 Hz and always gives you data. It uses different error codes if the data is not considered valid because of for example a closed/not detected eye. The Tobii EyeX Controller does not have a fixed frame rate. If you use the EyeX Controller together with the EyeX SDK to retrieve gaze data, you would normally have a frame rate around 50 Hz, but no gaze data at all if the user’s eyes are closed/not detected. The average frame rate of the EyeX data streams might be changed in any future EyeX Engine release.

Rudi Ullon
    Participant

Hello! I´m very interested in this point also, is there any device that could give me a framerate of 100+ Hz ?

Thank you for your help!

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Rudi,

There is no Tobii Tech device (meaning consumer device) that gives you a frame rate of 100+ Hz. If you have a budget for it, you might want to check out the Tobii Pro product line.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.