Home Forums Software Development Reference documentation (Visual Studio 2008)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

Hi,

I’m currently trying to use the SDK in C++ using Visual Studio 2008. I need to get all the important information provided by the EyeX such as those from both left and right eyes (position, confidence, and other gesture variables).
    I’ve seen the C++ you are using corresponds to the 2012 version of Visual Studio, this is why I decided to use the C language. However, I can’t find any SDK reference documentation for this language.

Could you please help me to get the documentation and a simple C example providing some variables the updated values through an independant thread ?

I thank you for your time,
    Sincerely,

David
    Participant

Problem solved ! I mixed the sample codes to reach my goal.
    I only have one problem left : Which function can I use to Enable and Disable the EyeX please ?

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi,

If you’re using the EyeX SDK you can connect and disconnect from the EyeX Engine using txEnableConnection and txDisableConnection (asynchronous functions)

If you disconnect your client application from the EyeX Engine and there are no other clients running, the EyeX Engine will disable the eye tracker.

David
    Participant

hi,

What if I want to turn on and off the EyeX ?
    With a USB configuration, how can I get the left and right eyes position with a reliability value ?

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi again,

There is no EyeX Engine API functionality to turn on or off the eye tracker. Since it is a client/server system, we don’t want to allow clients to disable server functions so other clients do not get any data. You can manually enable or disable the eye tracker by right-clicking the EyeX icon in the Windows notification area and toggle “Disable Eye Tracker”.

As a workaround (hack), you can try to use regular windows commands to kill the EyeX Engine process and the Tobii service. I would not recommend that though.

Reliability/confidence values are not implemented in this generation of eye tracker, but might be a future addition. What do you want to use the reliability value for?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.