[Solved] Remove magnetic plate from monitor

Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices [Solved] Remove magnetic plate from monitor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ben
    Participant

Hej

Is it possible to remove the magnetic plate from the monitor once it has been glued to the monitor?

Thanks!

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Ben,

I’ve managed to detach a couple of them, using something flat, sharp and durable, but I haven’t been able to do it without leaving some marks on the monitor I detached the plate from…

/Jenny

pi
    Participant

I had the problem of the Dell Logo protruding. So I cut a a couple of strips off an old credit card and attached one either side of the logo with a fine nozzle glue gun going around the edges. Then I attached the magnetic strip to the plastic. So far so good!

Tobii should consider that a large number of monitors have a protruding logo…

pi

Ben
    Participant

Thanks for replies.
    I managed to detach the plate by moving a credit card between the plate and the monitor. It is a bit tricky to get it in, had to help with my fingernails. After it was between I slowly shoved it through. It needs some patient and force. The monitor had no marks 🙂 So using a plastic card works good.
    @pi: thanks for the idea for the logo. My next monitor has it right in the middle…

-Ben

Magic Man
    Participant

Use a hair-dryer to heat the metal strip up, it will soften the adhesive.

I think a better idea would be an adjustable stand – weighted sufficiently to overcome the torque of the stiff usb cable – making use of the threaded bushes on the base of the device.

Tony
    Participant

Fishing Line is the BEST! Dental Floss will work too if you don’t have any fishing line. After that a credit card, finger nail or anything else flat and softer than monitor plastic can be used to remove the remaining glue.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.