Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices REX with TABLET and Win 8.1 Pro

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Martin Kopecek
    Participant

Hello folks,

I have a question… Will my tobii REX for Developers kit works on new tablets with Win 8 – Win 8.1 – Win 8.1 Pro 32bit same as on PC? My question is if the EyeX Engine and device drivers and my programmed software in C++ will be possible instal into the tablet. Is it all compatible?

Thanx Martin

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Martin,

Yes, as long as it is not the RT versions of the operating systems, it is all compatible.

Martin Kopecek
    Participant

Hi Jenny,

thank you so much for quick answer. I have next problem:
    It is possible somehow easily evaluate the blinking? I mean all examples about SDK are controls the shift, zoom, etc. but I need confirm the command by blink of eyes and do not use the mouse or keyboard…

Is this command, function…somewhere in the EyeX Engine? Optionally where can I find it?

Thanx Martin

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Martin,

Since your new question is not related to the topic here, I would appreciate if you could post it as a new topic in the EyeX Software Development forum, so we could answer it there.

Thanks,
    Jenny

JulioO
    Participant

Hi!

We have a game that is running on a PC with a REX tracker and need to port it to be used in a Windows tablet. From what I read here this should be doable? With REX and EyeX?

We saw this http://www.tobiiati-webshop.com/collections/tobii-eyemobile/products/tobii-eyemobile-bracket for the PC Eye go, wondering if the same would work with REX or EyeX?

And finally, would the same code/SDK be compatible? with a table like this: http://www.tobiiati-webshop.com/collections/tobii-eyemobile/products/tobii-eyemobile-featuring-dell-venue11pro

Thanks in advance!!

Julio

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Julio,

As Jenny said, if the Windows tablet is running Win8 or 8.1 Pro there shouldn’t be any problems porting your game to the tablet.

Regarding mounting of the Tobii REX: The EyeMobile bracket or a similar solution works fine. Note though that when using the EyeX Engine to do the Display Configuration, the engine assumes that the eye tracker is mounted right below the screen with the provided magnetic brackets. If you use a non-standard mounting, it is recommended to run a custom setup, with the Active Display Area Calculator provided with the Tobii Gaze SDK.

JulioO
    Participant

Thanks so much Robert. The main question is that this tablet lists Windows 8.1 as the OS, but I’m not sure whether it’s 8.1 or 8.1 RT (maybe the RT is assumed but not specified as it is a tablet?).

And thanks for the reference to the Area Calculator!

Best,
    Julio

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Now I looked at the link again. Since that tablet is used by the Tobii AT software, it is definitely a Win 8.1 Pro tablet

JulioO
    Participant

That’s amazing news!! Thanks Robert 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.