Home Forums Software Development Running Application developed for 4C on I12

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Miles Bardon
    Participant

I have been developing an application for Tobii devices, and using a 4C (with the core software available from Tobii Gaming) on my development PC for testing.
    I tried to run it on my sister’s Tobii Dynavox I12 and it couldn’t run the software, claiming the EyeX engine could not be found.
    What do I need to add to make my app work on all eye trackers? I was under the impression that anything with an IS4 base tracker would work on the same API.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @milesb, Unfortunately the Dynavox I12 does not support the execution of applications written for the Tobii 4C Eye tracker using the Tobii Core SDK as these two systems operate under distinct hardware and firmware versions. In addition, the I12 uses different software stacks which is incompatible with the Eye X engine, conflicting configuration.

I am afraid for the time being custom development on I12 devices requires the use of a separate SDK (Gaze Interaction SDK) that regrettably is not compatible with Core SDK code. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.