Home Forums Software Development Save gaze data

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sberry
    Participant

Hi team, I would like to collect and save some gaze data (covered in the core APIs) using a Pico device. Do I need to obtain an Ocumen license to save the data for further analysis? Is it possible to do so using System.IO? Thanks!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @sberry, so long as you are using the Standard PICO API (Sranipal SDK) to collect data then you are not required to obtain a licence to save the data. However, should you choose to use instead the Tobii XR SDK or Ocumen, then this would indeed require the purchase of a special licence to do so.

Sberry
    Participant

Hi Grant, thank you for your reply. What are the main differences between the eye-tracking data collected by Tobii XR SDK/ Ocumen and standard PICO API? I am particularly interested in looking at gaze position and timestamp data.

Sberry
    Participant

I am trying to explore Standard PICO APIs and the Sranipal SDK first. As different systems are involved, I wonder if I should follow VIVE’s Sranipal SDK guidelines/codes while plugging in relevant PICO APIs in order to save the data? Thanks!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @sberry, the XR SDK includes a number of features such as filtering to reduce noise and the G20M engine for AI powered object tracking, however as stated if you wish to save eye tracking data and not purchase a licence, then you will be obliged to use the SRanpial SDK.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.