Home › Forums › Legacy SDKs › SDK for I-Series Running Communicator
- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 4 months ago by Grant [Tobii].
- 17/03/2017 at 18:40 #6506Kevin BraswellParticipant
I am developing a standlone .NET app for the I-Series device. At one point, I did a proof of concept app that ran using gaze SDK on the i-Series (Not using Windows Control). This was a successful test, however I did not run Communicator simultaneously.
I need someone to confirm the following before we build our next release:
1. Is Gaze SDK the correct sdk to leverage in this use case?
2. Can our stand alone app use the global eye tracking settings/configuration (dwell/click -right-left eye – calibration, etc) if they have already been set?
3. Will our standalone app running at the same time Communicator is running cause any potential issues or system resource conflicts?
We are NOT using Windows control.
Here is our environment:
Windows 10 – Eye Series I-12
Our App is a standalone .NET
Please email me at [email protected] or call @ (205) 868-9311 with any questions.
Thanks!22/03/2017 at 19:46 #6556Grant [Tobii]Keymaster
Hi @kevinbrasswell, I am afraid the the Gaze SDK has been deprecated some time ago now and is no longer provided or supported by Tobii. Whilst we are intending on providing a replacement for the Gaze SDK in the future for the Tobii Tech range of eye trackers, it’s functionality will not necessarily be extended to assistive devices such as i-series.
That being said, your case may merit special consideration so I have emailed you personally the contact you should speak to at Tobii Dynavox about this issue.14/11/2017 at 22:47 #7588Cody BarnesParticipant
I have a very similar situation, except that I am currently using the Core SDK and cannot find any information on the I-series SDK (or even definitive information about compatibility between the Core SDK and the I series devices). And I have been getting no response from the Dynavox support team on this question. I’ve posted more details about my situation at http://developer.tobii.com/community/forums/topic/interaction-with-a-dynavox/. If anybody has any information about this, please email me at [email protected] or call me at +1 (858) 414-0745.
-Cody16/11/2017 at 18:44 #7600Grant [Tobii]Keymaster
Hi @generalfault, I have replied on the similar thread related to this query @
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.