Home Forums Legacy SDKs Sentry Versus the EyeX

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sage
    Participant

I noticed some gaze recording functionality advertised within a handful of games for the Sentry, but I’m assuming that the EyeX and Sentry both use the EyeX Engine and are essentially the same hardware. Is that correct? If there are any meaningful differences (accuracy and update rate) between the platforms, where could I find the comparison?

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Your assumption is correct, the SteelSeries Sentry and the Tobii EyeX Controller builds on the same hardware platform and currently there are no difference in the specification.

The list of published apps and games for the SteelSeries Sentry and the Tobii EyeX Controller can be found on Tobii Arcade.

Alejandro Clemotte
    Participant

The sampling rate is different. The EyeX has a sampling rate of 30 and the sentry 50hz (almost twice). This is a big difference, i think.

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

The sampling rate, the hardware platform and the firmware is the same for the EyeX Controller and the Steelseries Sentry eye trackers. With the latest firmware I believe it averages around 60 Hz when the tracking is good (few lost data points).

Rasa Bhattarai
    Participant

Hello,

What is the sampling rate of tobii eye X. I need to know accurate value of sampling rate for my research study. It is very important.

Thank you

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @rasa, whilst we do not provide exact figures for the sample rate for the EyeX due to inherent variability, there was a third party study focused around this theme that should hopefully provide you the values necessary for your research project.

You can view the paper @ https://link.springer.com/article/10.3758/s13428-016-0762-9

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.