Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices steelseries engine 3 and tobii eyex

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I have recently purchased a tobii eyex tracker in hopes of using it to interact with different games as well as use it for statistics on different games I own. When I plugged in the eyetracker into my system (msi dominator gt70) it will automatically installed the driver for the tobi eyex and then I downloaded the steelseries engine 3. It ran perfectly and then it opened and it did not detect my eyetracker. I unplugged the eyetracker, restarted engine 3, then plugged it back in. It did not detect it, all it had were two tabs one for my gear and in the my gear tab was a button that read:”plug in a steelseries device to get started” and a library tab with a game config button. What went wrong? why is the engine 3 not recognizing my device. On all of the tobii forums they all said engine 3 recognized the device instantly when they plugged it in.

Hi Matthew.
    the Tobii Eyex is a developer-kit and meant to be used for development and to implement eye tracking into existing applications or even new applications.
    The Steelseries Sentry is a consumer product which includes different applications as e.g. the Steelseries Game Analyzer as well as OBS Streaming.

The Tobii EyeX is not compatible with those applications, instead a Steelseries Sentry is required.

/Konstantin

Ok I understand, thanks for your support!!

Manfred Bartelt
    Participant

Hi,

you can use Engine 3.3.3. This was the last version with support for the EyeX.

Manfred

where can I get the 3.3.3 version and not the 3.3.5 because that version is not working… or do I is that not the way to go for me to try to make my device compatible?

where can I get the 3.3.3 version and not the 3.3.5 because that version is not working… or is that not the way to go for me to try to make my device compatible?

Manfred Bartelt
    Participant

It worked perfectly!
    Thanks for your help!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.